Alicia has had a lifelong journey with ADHD and understands firsthand the many challenges it brings. Because of this, she has become passionate about implementing different ways to support a neurodivergent brain, harness the beauty/gifts it brings, and has dedicated her life’s work to supporting others. She integrates effective holistic strategies and reflection to improve overall well-being and executive functioning skills. She combines her love of neuroscience, education, and movement, in her professional and personal life. Her favorite thing about coaching is empowering others to recognize their own unique ability to successfully achieve their goals.
Alicia has vast experience with supporting children, educators, and parents with effective strategies to support children with ADHD and all that comes with it. She also has experience coaching adults with various aspects of their life, as well as helping them find ways to implement grounding and mindfulness in this busy world. She has over 10 years of combined experience working as an educator and a coach, specializing in working with children and people who are neurodivergent.
Alicia enjoys spending time in nature whether it be camping, kayaking, biking, exploring, or hiking. She loves to dance, play games, connect with friends and family, and travel. She also enjoys quiet nights at home with her family and her three furry pets (cat, dog and rabbit).
Areas of Coaching Expertise:
Alicia is a Professional Certified ADHD Coach (PCAC) from the Professional Association for ADHD Coaches, PAAC, who specializes in working with:
- Children (ages 3-12) and their families who struggle with challenging behaviors, trauma, emotional regulation, focus, working memory, impulse control, organization, and self-control.
- Adolescents and young adults, especially those career or college-bound who have challenges with organization, planning, time management, impulse control, working memory, prioritizing, procrastination, and emotional regulation
- Difficulty learning in a “typical” environment or workspace
Professional Training & Education
- Professional Certified ADHD Coach from the Professional Association of ADHD Coaches
- Master of Education from University of Minnesota- Twin Cities
- Current Teaching License from the State of Minnesota
- Practice-Based Coaching training from Early Childhood Learning & Knowledge Center
- Extensive training in Social Emotional Learning, Trauma-Informed Practices, and Strategies for Working with Neurodivergent Brains
I always look forward to our sessions. Very caring. I feel like since the beginning of our sessions I’ve seen a change in myself… it’s like watching me grow into a person that can now understand ADHD!
I loved the experience and process! Alicia was so supportive and made wonderful suggestions.