Marriage Uncomplicated | Couples Study
Bringing Back the Joy in Relationships with ADHD
These ongoing workshops meet on Wednesday Evenings.
Our Next Workshop: January 29th - March 18th, 2020 with a follow up session April 7th.
Workshops begin at 7:30 pm ET, 6:30 pm CT, 5:30 pm MT, 4:30 pm PT and run for 90 minutes.
A marriage is a precious union. But when one partner struggles with ADHD, so does the partner without ADHD. Research shows us that when ADHD is not understood or not treated, it can have a draining effect on a marriage, often leading to separation and divorce. We know that ADHD is not about knowing what to do but how to make things happen. These are very bright and capable individuals.
Marriage Uncomplicated! Bringing back the joy in relationships with ADHD
This program lasts eight weeks for couples where one has ADHD and the other does not. The Center for Living Well with ADHD would like to invite you and your spouse/partner to attend this life-changing eight-week workshop that begins January 29th, 2020. It is an interactive, face-to-face virtual meeting that happens once a week from 7:30pm - 9:00pm eastern time.
In this interactive online course we will discuss and provide the following:
- Explore myths and facts of ADHD
- Recognize how ADHD minds think differently
- Differentiate the role of the non ADHD partner
- Assess and learn how leveraging strengths helps ADHD
- Understand executive function and ways to strengthen capabilities
- Build on new time management strategies and skills (planner provided)
- Discover how to improve communication, compromise and teamwork as a couple
- Learn strategies to address feelings of overwhelm, situational anxiety and procrastination
- Improve on a positive sense of self and well being
- Each week you will be asked to try a skill or make important observations.
This workshop will also be a part of a research study on couples with ADHD where you will be asked to take surveys before and after the workshop. Couples have been studied for some time, but never through a designated workshop such as this. Of course, all data collected is confidential and participant names become a number to protect your identity.
Your informed consent is very important in research. Participants will need to sign a consent form upon registering that you agree to take this workshop and participate in the study.
How To Register. As a way of showing appreciation for your participation in the study, we are offering a reduced fee of $495, saving $200 per couple. For one person to attend a similar 8-week workshop, it is $347. For this workshop, the fee for two people attending would be $495. That is $247 per person and a savings of $200. Pay in full or by payment plan. Make your selection below to register and get started with the program.